Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mommy, I would never.......

I woke up an hour late this morning and didn't even have time to make a full pot of coffee. Because I decided to partake in some finer things in life last night I didn't make the kid's lunches before I went to bed, or mine for that matter. When I woke up I rolled over to find my 3yr old son's head just peaking over the top of the quilt and the big sun starting to peak over the trees. The sun should NOT be peaking over the trees at 5am! WTF is going on? I look at my phone and my alarm is silently buzzing away on the night stand. It has been for the past hour! I shot out of bed and proceeded to start a crazy morning that was no where near promising to be a good one.

I'm not sure how I did it, but I somehow managed to get all the lunches packed, one cup of coffee made (it tasted horrible), the kids dressed and fed, out the door.......3 minutes early! I was, however, still a bit frazzled on the drive to the daycare/preschool.

We had the radio on as usual mindlessly listen to the morning djs.  Today they were talking about things you would never do for the sake of your job. After 7 1/2 years in the military and working with vets on a daily basis now, there were many things that popped into my head that a soldier/airman/sailor would do that others wouldn't.  This covered everything from taking a bullet to streaking. My mind was totally off in another world remember my days in the Coast Guard.

My daydream was suddenly interupted by that little 3yr old whos head had been peaking out from under the quilt this morning. "Mommy, I would NEVER jump out of a space ship!" I couldn't help but laugh even though he was so serious. "I think that's a great idea Theo." was my response. "I know mommy." he said so matter-of-factly. And continued to nod his little head as he looked out the car window.

Then I thought to myself, "There is nothing I wouldn't do for the sake of my job as a mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment